Child and Family Counseling
Seeing your child struggle can be devastating. The demands of modern parenting can leave you feeling stressed and uncertain. We help children and families take time to connect, heal, and flourish.
Our experienced child and family therapists are here to help children, adolescents, parents, and families navigate life’s transitions and challenges – so you and your family can gain confidence, clarity, and joy.
Wildflower offers both short term parenting coaching sessions and more traditional psychotherapy to treat a variety of parent, child, and family concerns.
Concerns we help with:
- Bonding with your baby as a new parent
- Clarifying your parenting philosophy and values
- Mitigating impact of divorce on children
- Navigating co-parenting
- Helping children cope with the death of a loved one
- Sleeping, eating, potty-training, and other self-regulatory issues
- Managing tantrums, biting, and hitting
- Building your relationship with your child when you are struggling with significant stress, grief, depression, or anxiety
- Empowering your struggling child to feel more focused, motivated, and confident
- Building your child’s social skills and self-esteem
- Supporting your pre-teen or teen to manage changes in mood and relationships
- Understanding your child with special needs or developmental differences, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, and AD/HD, and adjusting to your child’s diagnosis
- Navigating the emotional impact of developmental differences or special needs for your child, their sibling, your family, or yourself
- Complementing existing developmental therapies with socially-emotionally focused support