At Wildflower, we recognize that in a society that extols busyness and emphasizes career success, it’s not uncommon to experience a range of challenges related to balancing work and personal life. We understand that individualized career goals evolve over time. Perhaps a job you once felt connected to is the same job that brings about the greatest amount of stress, your professional and personal values are sometimes at odds, or the work environment itself is riddled with conflict.
When individuals encounter work-life challenges, they may experience stress both at work and outside of work, sleep disturbances, increased depressive symptoms, more family and interpersonal conflicts, irritability, decreased productivity and engagement, increased absenteeism, and other impairments. Creating more optimal work-life balance is a priority.
Our therapists will help you navigate and manage work-life difficulties and circumstances using a compassionate, action-oriented, and supportive approach.
Here are some of our common areas of focus:
- Aligning career choice with personal values to cultivate a more fulfilling career experience
- Exploring alternative career paths to maximize work satisfaction
- Addressing any external or internal barriers that may impact making indicated career changes
- Increasing amount of energy and investment placed in non-work-related areas of value to expand identity beyond career
- Improving communication and boundary setting to maintain separation between professional and personal realms
- Scheduling purposeful and deliberate self-care to more effectively manage work-related stressors
- Managing and/or repairing fractured colleague relationships to foster a more supportive work environment