About this training In this this virtual training for mental health professionals, clinical psychologist Reyna Schwartz provides an intellectual and experiential introduction to the application of ACT with postpartum
About this training
In this this virtual training for mental health professionals, clinical psychologist Reyna Schwartz provides an intellectual and experiential introduction to the application of ACT with postpartum clients. The goal of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is to help clients create a rich, meaningful, and values-congruent life while accepting that pain is an inevitable part of it. ACT aims to help practitioners and clients increase their psychological flexibility and respond to life’s joys and challenges without needless struggle. With its focus on acceptance, mindfulness and values, ACT is proving to be an effective treatment approach for postpartum clients suffering from mood and anxiety disorders.
Participants will be able to:
- Summarize the ACT model and the theory underlying it.
- Conceptualize perinatal mood and anxiety disorders within the ACT framework.
- Apply core ACT processes, such as acceptance, cognitive defusion, present-moment awareness, values identification and goal setting to increase psychological flexibility in perinatal clients.
- Learn mindfulness and cognitive defusion techniques helpful to postpartum clients.
- Learn values clarification exercises to assist clients in the transition to motherhood.
1 continuing education credit is offered upon completion for the following license types only: LSW, LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, Clinical Psychology. The CEUs are sponsored by Mindful Path Behavioral Health and Wellness Inc.
Wildflower will donate all proceeds to The Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund for Black Women and Girls.
(Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CST